Wednesday 22 July 2015

Nutella Cake with Oats

Hi People

How much I love desserts !! You know what this is actually a transition. In India, I was never fond of eating sweet things but after moving to Germany I have completely fallen in love with the stuff Germans make in their bakeries, its awesome, yum and totally worth the calories and indulgence.

Anyways, I am still conscious of what and how much I eat and that means somedays I like to skip buying dessert and bake something at home. This time I baked a Nutella Cake with Oats.



This cake I did thanks to my dear friend Rita Douglas who introduced me to super-quick Nutella cake. So many versions of this recipe are available online. I, for that matter, had to make it more healthy so as not to suffer from any guilt after digging into a big slice at coffee time and therefore brought in my all time favourite Oats. Read on to know the details:

Ingredients for the Cake:

- 280 gms of Nutella
- 70 gms of Rolled-Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Toasted Walnuts for topping

How to make this:

- Dry roast the Oats, cool them down and grind to a fine texture in a grinder
- Toast Walnuts or any other nuts of your choice and put it on a side
- In a bowl, mix Nutella, eggs, oats (as prepared in first step), baking powder and mix it well
- Add milk if the mixture is too thick to move and mix properly
- Pour this in the baking dish of your choice and top with toasted walnuts
- Bake this in a pre-heated over at 180 C for 25-30 minutes. Check for whether the cake is still wet in the middle. In such case give it a few minutes but keep a close eye.

This cake is best enjoyed with some Vanilla Bourbon Ice cream on the top and a black coffee to gulp it all down. Super-delicious !!

Eat Healthy & Stay Happy
Aanchal

No comments:

Post a Comment