Tuesday 5 January 2016

Last Travel log of 2015

Hi


I must take a few moments here to acknowledge, be grateful and express my immense gratitude for having travelled so much in the year 2015. I feel overwhelmed, as I sometimes think of it sitting alone in my contemplation mode that I have really had the opportunity to turn my dream travel destinations into a reality and thus I feel immensely thankful for each step I walked, miles I drove and flew.

Antalya, Turkey

To ring in the new year, we travelled to the city of Antalya in Turkey. The flights were easy to get and we got to stay in the fabulous Akra Barut Hotel. I was coveting a health & wellness holiday so we closed upon this exemplary five star property set along ever so gorgeous Mediterranean sea and bey mountains in the distance.  The hotel is beautifully built, sprawling lush green lawns and pathaways that run right along the shore and towards the sea letting you indulge in some amazing views (especially the sunset). Adding to that is numerous pools, the best part at this time of the year when its a bit chilly was the indoor pool with a water temperature of 28 degrees Celsius , which made it such a pleasure to be inside the pool. Hotels offers various detox programs designed to get you physically, mentally cleansed and help you set some good life practices. We also opted for Swedish massages but skipped the vegan diet cause we love eating and experiencing the local cuisine. The breakfast everyday was lavish and thankfully not repetitive like most of the other hotels.
We enjoyed our daily workouts in the gym, which again offered all the beautiful views around and I did not have to miss my Zumba which Í so love since they had a weeklyplan offering various group programs. While I was dancing away with some women there I felt so content, at peace with myself and evolved and proud that I have probably now become a global citizen who can be happy wherever she is left ón this planet because change, challenge is what I thrive on. It was super relaxing going through my rounds of Steam, Sauna everyday. We explored the old town in Antalya too, known as 'Kaleici'. Kaleici offers some stunning views of old harbour and the winding centuries old streets have numerous Turkish Hamam Baths, typical Turkish carpets and rugs stores, some really edgy cafes & restaurants and Boutique hotels which are mostly old properties renovated as hotels for the ones who want to experience staying the old city. Antalya city per se is like any other city crowded with high rise Apartments, shopping malls (very chic though). I shopped a really chic pair of Leather Boots since Antalya is quite famous for its leather works and I so needed one :D and picked up some locally made cushion covers just as alittle reminder of where I had been and rest of the time we were exploring their food. I have to say its very similar to Indian food with roasted meats, spices, herbs. Love the way they eat Olives in every form and lots of seafood too. They drink a lot of Tea like Indians do the Chai.



Morning views from our balcony


Me in total admiration


Let us not put words on this SIGH !!









                


        


Art sellers


A Turkish Carpet store in old city which looked more like a curator's mecca



Store from inside
I was in awe of colors and patterns
The pleasant store owner

              
The old Harbour


Walls decked in greens in old city

while strolling in the sprawling lawns that extend into infinity

The view from hotel gym



We also went for the Gala planned for New Year Eve. The hotel had 2 different events planned for the day but tickets for one of them were sold out but we were lucky to get them for the second event which included a delicious 5 course meal, in a very formal setting, and live performance by a local singer. This was indeed an evening to remember and one of the experiences one cherishes for life. People were dressed in their best, wearing chic evening dresses and their lovely smiles. Food was delicious, setting gorgeous, people bright & excited and we happened to dance and dine with a beautiful lot.



Set for a perfect evening



     

















On the last evening in Antalya, "The more you travel, the more you learn to let go of un-necessary and embrace the real"


These experiences made for a beautiful travel story to end 2015 and bring in this new year of 2016 which I am so looking forward to for all the changes and travel tales that it shall bring forth. The only resolution for the new year " Balance your mind, body & soul".

Happy New Year !!  




No comments:

Post a Comment