Monday 3 August 2015

Oat Cookies with Chia and Flax seeds

Hello People!!

I am in love with the concept of clean eating, making my nibbles at home to which I know what has gone in. I still crave desserts and didn't want to have the fat laden ones and to satiate my munching syndrome I ended up baking these 'Golden Goodness Cookies' as I call them. These are chewy, healthy and delicious all at the same time Oh Yes :)

Cookies done

 

Cookies set on Baking sheet before baking


What you need for these:

11/2 Cups of roasted Oats
1/2 Cup of Whole wheat flour
1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
3/4 Cup of Peanut Butter ( I used Skippy Crunchy)
2 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp of roasted ground Flax Seeds
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar or less 
1 Tsp of Baking Powder

How to make it:

- Pre heat the Oven to 175 degrees Celsius and prepare and keep on a side a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients (Oats, Flour, Baking Powder, Chia and Flax Seeds) in a bowl
- In another bowl, mix together olive oil, sugar, eggs  peanut butter and beat
- Slowly add dry mix to the second bowl stirring it in and mixing well
- Depending on the size of cookie you like, take a spoonful in your hand shape it as you like and place it on the baking sheet 
- Bake these Cookies for 10-12 minutes and let them rest for a little while after taking them out.

These cookies make for an excellent after workout snack or a super quick breakfast on the go.

Hope you had fun reading this one !!

Love
Aanchal

No comments:

Post a Comment